Union Marketing is a creative marketing agency, servicing unions across Canada. We are a one-stop shop for innovative membership engagement. Unionized since 2013, our team has a unique understanding of union culture and issues surrounding the labour movement. Through this understanding, we are able to provide our clients with the services that are most effective in cultivating a thriving membership. Simply put, we speak union. We strive to increase awareness of current issues that affect unions while promoting the positive change needed to implement fair and safe work environments for current and future generations. We assist unions in mobilizing their community and memberships to increase positive public perception and keep accessible, high quality services in place for the community and for all hard-working Canadians.
Union Marketing is looking for a Web Developer responsible for coding, innovating existing and new designs and layouts of websites. This role will take the designs and translate them into web interfaces.
- Installing CMS websites (WordPress deployment)
- CMS customization and configuration
- Developing server-side applications for mobile apps (custom web development)
- Connecting two or more web applications/databases using a provided API (integrated web development)
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Conducting database, data management operations
- LAMP administration and configuration
- Work with web designers to match visual design intent
- Conducting web server configuration
- Creating and maintaining software documentation
- Performing other related duties assigned
- Minimum 2 years of full-time position experience in web development
- Strong programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS, and Responsive Designs
- Advanced understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Basic knowledge of DNS and IP routing principals
- Basic knowledge of common CMS systems – Word Press, Open Cart, Joomla, etc.
- Basic knowledge of MVC design architecture in PHP with PHP frameworks
- Understanding and experience working with Linux based Servers and Workstations.
- Basic knowledge of LAMP operations
- Essential MySQL operations
- Suitable job portfolios may be requested
- Experience working with WHM and cPanel
- Web server operation and optimization
- Strong ability to acquire new knowledge/research/learn new technologies
- Great communication skills and confidence in the field
Please email your resume to email@example.com or submit it using the form below.
|Job Category||Web Development|