Union Marketing is a creative marketing agency, servicing unions across Canada. We are a one-stop shop for innovative membership engagement. Unionized since 2013, our team has a unique understanding of union culture and issues surrounding the labour movement. Through this understanding, we are able to provide our clients with the services that are most effective in cultivating a thriving membership. Simply put, we speak union. We strive to increase awareness of current issues that affect unions while promoting the positive change needed to implement fair and safe work environments for current and future generations. We assist unions in mobilizing their community and memberships to increase positive public perception and keep accessible, high quality services in place for the community and for all hard-working Canadians.
Union Marketing is looking for a Print Shop Manager to help run our busy in-house print operation. This individual will work closely with the Senior Manager to ensure on-time and on-target delivery of all print shop projects. Activity tracking, purchasing, promo product printing and other general duties will also be a part of this role’s mandate.
The Print Shop Manager will report to the Senior Manager and will have one direct report. The role is located within our recently renovated offices in Etobicoke, Ontario.
- Minimum 2 years print industry related experience including production background in digital pre-press, print and finishing
- Demonstrated experience operating digital press and large format printing
- Experience operating finishing equipment, including but not limited to, Guillotine Paper Cutters, Digital Creasers, Folders, Bookletmakers and saddle-stitcher.
- Technically inclined with a knowledge of printing terminology
- Willingness to learn and be part of a team
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of InDesign, Excel and other software
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to read, write and follow basic English instructions
- Effective organizational skills
- Ensure workflow efficiency & quality standards are maintained in production.
- Help to create & maintain a high-level of organization both in the shop & storage
- Participate in improving efficiency and quality standards.
- Keep current with technological developments in digital pre-press, technology, software applications, print and finishing Will require managing a large volume of print and finishing with tight deadlines
- Multitask with color, b&w print and finishing equipment
- Schedule print work to meet deadlines and able to change as required
- Maintain equipment in working condition: call for service, replace toner and other consumables
Please email your resume to email@example.com or submit it using the form below.
|Job Category||Print Production|