Union Marketing is a creative marketing agency, servicing unions across Canada. We are a one-stop shop for innovative membership engagement. Unionized since 2013, our team has a unique understanding of union culture and issues surrounding the labour movement. Through this understanding, we are able to provide our clients with the services that are most effective in cultivating a thriving membership. Simply put, we speak union. We strive to increase awareness of current issues that affect unions while promoting the positive change needed to implement fair and safe work environments for current and future generations. We assist unions in mobilizing their community and memberships to increase positive public perception and keep accessible, high quality services in place for the community and for all hard-working Canadians.
Union Marketing is currently looking to hire a Graphic Designer to work in collaboration with our design team creating graphics for print and digital while following client design guidelines.
This is a full-time role based at our newly renovated office in Etobicoke, Ontario.
- Meet with project lead, account team and/or creative director to determine the scope of a project
- Designs/layouts for print and digital marketing
- Design web mock-ups and graphics for new and existing web pages
- Research and think creatively to produce new concepts on a per project basis
- Establish and reference design guidelines for clients
- Submit concepts for approval and adapt initial designs for multimedia platforms including social media
- Set up and maintain working files in a structured and share-friendly manner
- Implement design revisions based on client feedback/requests
- Perform other related duties assigned
Required and Beneficial Skills
- Degree/certification in Graphic Design and/or demonstrated equivalent skills
- Advanced knowledge of design principles and elements
- Intermediate knowledge of perspective and colour theory
- Intermediate knowledge and application of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Intermediate understanding of preparing print ready files including written material fonts and colours
- Strong communications skills including verbal and written English language
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with other team members
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it using the form below.