Union Marketing is a creative marketing agency, servicing unions across Canada. We are a one-stop shop for innovative membership engagement. Unionized since 2013, our team has a unique understanding of union culture and issues surrounding the labour movement. Through this understanding, we are able to provide our clients with the services that are most effective in cultivating a thriving membership. Simply put, we speak union. We strive to increase awareness of current issues that affect unions while promoting the positive change needed to implement fair and safe work environments for current and future generations. We assist unions in mobilizing their community and memberships to increase positive public perception and keep accessible, high quality services in place for the community and for all hard-working Canadians.
Union Marketing is currently looking to hire a Creative Director to take our talented and growing team of writers, designers and animators to the next level of excellence in the work we are doing for our clients. The ideal candidate will bring a mix of artistic, marketing, project management and business expertise to the role along with an advanced ability to manage a creative team. The candidate will both manage Union Marketing’s creative resources to ensure profitability on each project while inspiring and leading the creative efforts.
This role will report to the CMO and will be a full-time position based out of our newly renovated offices in Etobicoke, Ontario.
- Effectively manage all creative resources including scoping and estimating; tracking resource use towards achieving estimate; hire, train, mentor within creative and content departments
- Quality control over design and animation output; lead creative process
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes, tools and other resources to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Establish and maintain standards for the creative department for production, productivity, quality and client service
- Oversee the entire content and creative department by hiring, assigning, scheduling and mentoring staff
- Lead concept ideation and creation across design, animation and content teams
- Collaborate with executives, account teams and other departments to align team priorities with overall business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget
- Communicate with clients as needed in support of executives and account teams
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in graphic design, animation, copywriting, content development or similar discipline
- Previous experience in a similar role within an agency and/or as a manager of people and process is preferred
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives and an ability to communicate both at a high level
- Ability to implement process and standards within a group setting
- Proficiency with design and content software
- Familiarity with unions and the labour movement in Canada (desired)
Please email your resume to email@example.com or submit it using the form below.