Union Marketing is a creative marketing agency, servicing unions across Canada. We are a one-stop shop for innovative membership engagement. Unionized since 2013, our team has a unique understanding of union culture and issues surrounding the labour movement. Through this understanding, we are able to provide our clients with the services that are most effective in cultivating a thriving membership. Simply put, we speak union. We strive to increase awareness of current issues that affect unions while promoting the positive change needed to implement fair and safe work environments for current and future generations. We assist unions in mobilizing their community and memberships to increase positive public perception and keep accessible, high quality services in place for the community and for all hard-working Canadians.
Union Marketing is currently looking to hire a 2D Animator to work in collaboration with our design team to conceptualize and create characters, storyboards, backgrounds and layouts for animation in a 2-dimensional space digitally and/or traditionally
This is a full-time role based at our newly renovated office in Etobicoke, Ontario.
- Conceptualize and develop characters, storyboards, backgrounds and layouts.
- Produce special effects and action graphics
- Break down timing
- Collaborate on large animation projects, short films or advertisements
- Sketching, inking, colouring from concept to final
- Implement design revisions based on client feedback/requests
- Present final designs to clients or project lead
- Performs other related duties
Required and Beneficial Skills
- Degree/certification in 2D Animation and/or demonstrated equivalent skills
- Advanced knowledge of design principles and elements
- Advanced knowledge of principles of animation, anatomy, perspective, life-drawing, layout, background design, character design and colour theory
- Intermediate ability to complete traditional animation
- Intermediate knowledge and application of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Flash
- Some knowledge of 3D animation would be beneficial
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with other team members
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills
Please email your resume to email@example.com or submit it using the form below.